LAS VEGAS – Derrick Rose of the Minnesota Timberwolves scored a career-high 50 points on October 31st, leading his club to a 128-125 home win over the Utah Jazz, as he added to a sudden string of 50-plus point efforts by a wide-range of NBA stars.
Derrick Rose and Klay Thompson (background) both recorded 50+ point games in NBA this past week
- On October 23, Blake Griffin of the Detroit Pistons scored 50 points in a 133-132 overtime win over the Philadelphia 76ers.
- On October 24, before the ink was dry on the Pistons-Sixers boxscore from the night before, Golden State’s Steph Curry hit 11-of-16 three-point field goals to score 51 points against the Washington Wizards in a 144-122 Warriors win.
- On October 29, Golden State Warriors guard Klay Thompson hit a record 14 three-point field goals as he scored 52 points in a 149-124 victory over the Chicago Bulls.
- That’s four 50+ point games in the NBA within a week as the young pro basketball season is now in full swing.
“Scoring is up,” says the NBA, so the oddsmakers at MyTopSportsBooks.com took a good look at the possibilities for the “next” 50-point game, scouring the schedule, team rosters and upcoming individual match-ups to forecast the future of NBA competition.
Oddsmakers at MyTopSportsBooks.com issued the following odds on the next player to score 50-or-more points in an NBA game.
NEXT PLAYER TO SCORE 50+ in an NBA GAME – ODDS (As of November 1st)
- Anthony Davis (Pelicans): 11/1
- Russell Westbrook (Thunder): 12/1
- Steph Curry (Warriors): 13/1
- James Harden (Rockets): 13/1
- Kevin Durant (Warriors): 14/1
- Damian Lillard (Trail Blazers): 15/1
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (Bucks): 17/1
- LeBron James (Lakers): 19/1
- Jimmy Butler (Timberwolves): 19/1
- Devin Booker (Suns): 20/1
- Klay Thompson (Warriors): 23/1
- Kemba Walker (Hornets): 24/1
- Donovan Mitchell (Jazz): 30/1
- FIELD: 3/1
- Most likely 50-point scorers in the field: Blake Griffin, Joel Embiid, Kawhi Leonard, DeMar DeRozan, Paul George, Bradley Beal, Nikola Jokic, Victor Oladipo, John Wall, Kyrie Irving, CJ McCollum, and Karl-Anthony Towns.
The active leaders in 50-point games are LeBron James (11), James Harden (9), Russell Westbrook (6), Steph Curry (6), Anthony Davis (5), Kevin Durant (5), and Damian Lillard (4).
“LeBron only has only two 50+ point games in the last four years, so he’s not the best bet,” say the MyTopSportsBooks.com oddsmakers. “James Harden would be a little higher if he weren’t dealing with a hamstring injury. Davis has taken his game to the next level the last eight or so months and is playing on a Pelicans team that’s going to routinely score 120 points per game.”
Sports fans and gaming insiders are turning to the most reliable and accurate odds/information source available online at MyTopSportsbooks.com for analysis.